So I have begun painting a conversion that I began working on after ordering Greenstuff Industries Tentacle Maker. The concept began as a possible obliterator conversion as I have yet to find the legs that make me truly happy with my miniature defiler conversion. However, for the Chaos Lord of Nurgle, it looks epic. So I asked myself, how do I tie in Nurgle with Word Bearers. So I opted for a Nurgle Lord with classic Nurgle colors (green, brown, bone) with the remnants of previous garments before swelling and deforming being the colors of my primary chapter (crimson, black, parchment).
Overall, he is a massive kitbash. He emerges from these kits (from what I remember)
Torso- Chaos Terminator Sorcerer
Lightning Claw: Terminator Lord
Power Fist: Terminator Box
Shoulder Pad: Chaos Knights
Book: Plague monks
Icon: Bloodletters w/ the top from a plaguebearers kit.
Cape: Loincloth of daemon prince
Loincloth: Terminator Lord
I began painting last night. I built up the armor slightly to add a bit of definition to the areas I will highlight. I then painted the head, banner, and tentacles. The tentacles are a 3:2 ratio of elf flesh and changling pink and then washed with purple then red. This is what I have thus far.
The pictures are not great. I took them after I finished painting. The banner will be a brownish color while the skull will be bright white with a sharp contrast producing wash and the spine will also be the same. All of the brass will get the new oxidizing technical paint on it, so I am looking forward to that. The Nurgling will be a green-brown to create contrast. The parchments will all get a 1:1 mix of agrax earthshade and ogryn flesh to slowly drop the tone to aged paper. The tentacles will get a drybrush of a light pink and then some hard highlights of either a brighter pink or a brighter, sharper, flesh color.
Well, thanks for reading.
So I sat down and started working on my tanks. Sick of fielding half-ass abominations, so I started working towards what I wanted. Still have to get spikey chaos bitz to go on some of the stuff (While the Cordos rats aren’t chaos, they aren’t very friendly either…well, at least not to the Imperium) and these have the appropriate level of gore that I am looking for.
Here is the Griffon:
Still have some GS work around the edges of the car that the rats are mounted on, and want to touch up the bolts (as well as the rats themselves). The cannon (for those who don’t recognize it, it’s a demolisher cannon) will get some GS work on the sides and at the base to fill in the gaps. The holes will largely remain empty (might put some rat tails or heads sticking out on some of them however).
Here is some painting done on the devil dog:
Got some washing to do, highlights, then I think I’ll be ready to attach the wheels and start working on the outer pieces!
Lastly, the manticore/deathstrike:
For this, I was looking for something grisly and just downright gruesome. Something to indicate the importance of the manticore (well, the weapon the rats strapped to a chimera chassis really). Thus, I felt a pile of bodies on the hull was appropriate. Well, that’s ALWAYS appropriate in 40K 😀
They don’t look very good now, but after it gets painted it’ll look much better.
Well, that’s my progress thus far.
Thanks for reading, as always love to hear comments and suggestions,