Obliterators, Vindicator Shield, Possessed, and More! (Pictures in progress)
So, it’s been a while since I got a good hobby update in. So, since my last set of pics, I have made some good progress. First, the painting. I finished my Predator. I airbrushed the base, wash, and highlights. The wash was rough, but worked fine. I really need to work on my freehand writing though. I think I may get a caligraphy pen and work with that for fine writing on models as black ink will work well. If anyone has tips on stylish freehand writing, let me know.
Bonus points for anyone who gets the Chi-Rho and the term “Under this Sign” Statement. Fitting, as I play Word Bearers. The guy on top reminds me of the meme “Drive closer, I want to stab him with my sword!”. Overall, I like it. I matches my style and the paint job is solid. May go back and highlight those black areas with the same scorching streaks that adorn the infantry.
Now, here are the last of the possessed.
The other four still need their scorching streaks on their black armor, but I really like them. The combination of all the different colors and textures made them fun and challenging to paint. They served as an opportunity to practice blades, metal, skin, eyes, teeth, horns, hooves, power armor, wings, claws…yeah, pretty much everything I paint. I have 4 more to paint and that will finish my possessed squad.
I continued working on the vindicator shield, though making only a little progress.
I have the basics for bits and now I am going to start cleaning it up and blending. Basically, adding the initial layer, another layer of bits, one more structural layer, then finishing details.
I also have started a project of revamping my terminators. I wanted something more chaos-ish. I plan to get the horus heresy terminators for REGULAR (ie-non-aligned terminators). HOWEVER, I wanted these guys for my chaos lords retinue…this guy:
So, I didn’t want to do tentacles. I wanted something else. Partly because while this guy turned out REALLY well, he was a) a royal pain in the ass, b)used a metric ton of bits and GS, and c) there was no way to keep him on a 40mm base and not look awkward. Now, I am perfectly fine making my bases bigger for very small squads (oblits), characters (my lord or thirster) but for terminators I wanted them smaller and obviously subordinate to this guy. So yeah, I came up with this idea:
Yeah, so he is attached to a goblin spider rear. I used a possessed head, though I am not sold (it’s just on a ball of GS as a mount). But I really like how it came out. It still needs some GS work (the bottom of it is hollowed, the joining area and the leg bases, plus the areas around the underarms). But yeah, this is something that I think when the lord and retinue are on the table, they will draw a good bit of attention.
Lastly, my second oblit is ready for GS. I wanted a dynamic pose on this guy, so I came up with this. He is the exact same size as the other one (so much larger than a normal terminator) but he is more reared up in a striking pose so looks taller. Excited to get this guy done and then one more. It’s the kind of squad that people really like seeing on the table.
He still has to get some more bits after the GS work, but most of the primary bits are done. GS work will be daemonic flesh, cabling, skulls, and the joints of the legs. This guy has less complicated legs than the other one and thus will take more effort in the post-production phase.
Hey, would love comments and suggestions!
Thanks for reading!,