Hiatus over and back with new Chaos Daemons…
So as many may or may not know, I am also a full time college student, parent, husband, and soldier in addition to gamer. Sometimes, this leaves little time for blogging when I also want to paint, model, and play. However, I normally balance it all…until now. This past month has brought about variables that have left me strapped for time and thus not blogging at all. But, much of that seems to have stabilized and I get the chance to get back into blogging.
So, I come back to the blogging scene shortly after the emergence of the highly anticipated Chaos Daemons codex. Long story short: I am underwhelmed.
But alas, the new book is here whether I like it or not. My Khornate host took a beating, as did the tally list and even mono-nurgle as a whole. Daemons have become quasi-hoard with with some very marginal troops (at best) and some really impressive characters. As someone I know said, troops shouldn’t do the heavy lifting but they are the only units in the book that got a price reduction while every other unit in the book went up 1-20 points per model while generally losing the ability to sustain survive ranged fire in an edition that supports gunline armies. This strikes me as a kneejerk reaction to the flamer/screamer spam which seems to have tainted people’s opinion of the daemon army making many think that they were overpowered…which is frankly laughable.
Regardless, with the new daemons of course comes renewed desire to paint. Thus my iceletters are making slow and steady progress. It’s always that last 10% of a model that is very hard to figure out how to paint. Alas, I have finished my first few models, along with a herald, the ice hounds, progress on the chariot, and I got a Khorne Chariot which I am working on magnetizing.
I have had actually gotten a fair amount of comments on my iceletter color scheme thus I have planned out a tutorial on the scheme as well as a magnetization tutorial for the Khorne Chariot and Cannon which was interesting.
The Word Bearers I have been working on have made slow and steady progress. For them, I established what the models will look like when complete but in my dislike of bare models I have begun painting them with their basic schemes and have managed to complete most of the infantry, most of the HQ units, three rhinos, and a predator. They are hardly finished but they look better than grey or black.
Well, thanks for reading and glad to be back!