General 40k Shinanigans

Almost finished!

So, almost finished the DPoN I have been working on for what seems like ages.  Mind you, this guy has a handful of bitz and is otherwise GS, milput, toothpicks, and of course…RBB.

Yeah, he's a worm.  Allows me to run him with "wings" or not.

So. Much. Green. Stuff…

Will post some better pictures of him.  I still have to complete the base and do the webbing for the other side of the jaw.

The tentacles turned out shorter than I was going to do initially.  I did this largely for model balance.  There are 4 of them, but I may add two much longer ones (sort of like a squid’s ambush tentacles) to have as well to play with and make him look a little more dynamic.  The base will be built up foam and flock, with some clumps of dirt and rocks then painted light brown on the outside and dark brown and black with a gloss finish on the inside to make it look like freshly churned wet earth.  Moss and mold effects to EVERYTHING.  Then some rocks that get pushed up from below as well to cap off the “crater” effect.  I may have a hapless space marine (UMs of course) being somehow in trouble from this guy.

Right now he is a little off balance (not as bad as he looks in the pic, that’s the curvature of the lightbox).  Will likely add some heavy weights to the base to make him quite sturdy and solid no matter what I put him on.

I may also bend the headed tongue to be looking more straight on.

 

Would love to get comments and suggestions.

Thanks for reading!,

KI

Advertisements

2 responses

  1. That’s a lot of patient sculpting, all those small fine details. Well done.

    How did you manage to get the thin flesh beside and below the jaw? It looks awesome that thin and transparent.

    The tongue is a bit odd, just hard to make out what it is. Maybe an angle change will help but so will having it all primed and one color. It’s just visually jarring at this stage.

    June 11, 2012 at 10:46 am

  2. For both sides I attached to the lower mandible and using partially cured GS and tweezers I stretched it over the middle mandible. Then, I attached it from the inside using a pointy sculpting tool to give the flesh an attached sort of webbed look.

    The tongue, and now tentacles, have bothered me some too.

    June 11, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s